Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2001 10:13:16 -0400
From:      cfuhrman@iwaynet.net
To:        "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Switching from LGPL to ??? License

Howdy,

Quoting "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net>:

> Are you the only author?

Yes.

> What are your goals? (I personally like the simplicity of the BSD
> license.)

Anyone is free to take the code and do with it what they please provided they
maintain the copyright notice.  I google'd for both the BSD and PAL, read
through them, and am now leaning toward the BSD license.

> If others have contributed LGPL code to you that is integrated in your
> project, then you may need to ask them for permission. (Because they were
> contributing code thinking that it was for a LGPL'd project.)

There are some contributed patches submitted by others.  I've kept the list of
people who have submitted patches so I can contact them for permission.  Thanks
for bringing that one up, I hadn't thought of that.

I believe I'm also going to have to discuss this with "upstairs" since the name
of my company is also in the documentation.

Cheers!

 - Chris Fuhrman
   cfuhrman@iwaynet.net