Date:      Wed, 08 Jul 2009 08:42:01 -0400
From:      "Scott I. Remick" <scott@sremick.net>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Problem upgrading gtkmm24

Having a problem upgrading gtkmm24 (currently at 2.12.5) on a FreeBSD
7.2-RELEASE system. This system was a bit out-of-date and I'm trying to
bring its ports up to date. It began as 7.0 a few days ago, and now
working on the ports.

The problem with gtkmm24 is that it thinks one of its dependencies,
pangomm, needs to be upgraded. Thing is, pangomm is already up-to-date,
so it tries to upgrade it but then it fails:

===>  Installing for pangomm-2.24.0
===>   pangomm-2.24.0 depends on executable: pkg-config - found
===>   pangomm-2.24.0 depends on file:
/usr/local/lib/gio/modules/libgiofam.so - found
===>   Generating temporary packing list
===>  Checking if x11-toolkits/pangomm already installed
===>   pangomm-2.24.0 is already installed
       You may wish to ``make deinstall'' and install this port again
       by ``make reinstall'' to upgrade it properly.
       If you really wish to overwrite the old port of x11-toolkits/pangomm
       without deleting it first, set the variable "FORCE_PKG_REGISTER"
       in your environment or the "make install" command line.

I have tried removing and re-installing pangomm several times now to no
avail. It installs fine, but the gtkmm24 update has some problem telling
that it's there.