Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2001 11:12:29 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mikhail Kruk <meshko@cs.brandeis.edu>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
Cc:        <cjclark@alum.mit.edu>, Alan Batie <alan@batie.org>, <security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ipfw rule -1?

> > Rule -1 is given for any packet dropped, but not dropped due to a user
> > rule or the default rule. A quick look at the souce indicates the
> > above pseudo-rule and some other fragment issues (bogusfrag) are the
> > only such situations.
> >
> > OK, I've answered this one enough times now. Should I send in a PR
> > with patch to the manpage or is this for the FAQ?
>
> Patch the manpage, and the FAQ.  Specifically mention the rule number -1
> as being a builtin unalterable set of rules, and describe exactly what those
> rules are.

Looks like a docs thread, not a security, but I'll stick my 2 cents...
I don't think that something that is in a man page and can be easily found
in it without even reading the whole thing (search for -1?) belongs to the
FAQ. FAQ is for problems which are not easily solved using man because
it's unclear where to look for the answer, IMHO.
I vote for man page only.