Date:      Thu, 6 Dec 2001 14:35:34 -0600
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
To:        nathan@corp.wac.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: notebook/laptop

* nathan@corp.wac.com <nathan@corp.wac.com> [011206 14:33] wrote:

>  Alfred,
>
>   thanks for the info. i've talked to several people about this same topic
> and they've all said dell as well.
>  they're not too bad on the affordable side either. that might be something
> i'll go for. i was also thinking on
>  the higher end pricing maybe a vaio or fujitsu lifebook? but i've not found
> anything to say yes or no on the
>  support of those two? any ideas?

I've seen the vaios, they are nice and I've heard they run FreeBSD well,
the only bad thing is that I've heard that they are quite fragile little
things and are prone to issues after being manhandled during the normal
course of travelling that most laptops should be resiliant to.

I've heard nothing of the fujitsu's, I have seen them and they are nice.

I'd go with Dell. :)

-Alfred