Date:      Fri, 06 Sep 2002 07:05:49 -0500
From:      "J.D. Bronson" <lists@xpec.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   odd delay during ssh?

Well..I will try and explain this since I am baffled...

I am using ssh2 and use blowfish. I am running 4.6.2 and the machine
is setup as a P3-1ghz - 1GB ram. Virtually nothing runs on this machine, so
I know this is not a 'load' issue.

When I ssh into the machine everything works fine, but I noticed an odd thing:

Once logged in, I su to root.
I then try to vi /etc/crontab (for example)

vi starts, I see 1/2 the file...then about 3secs later I see the other 1/2.

In other words, I only get 1/2 page at a time!
I get the same sort of behavior if I do a 'ps aux'....it will pause about
3/4 of the way and then the rest POPs up!

I do not see this on telnet.

Any thoughts on this? Using the same hardware and network setup..if I run
Solaris or OpenBSD, this is not reproduceble. Only under FreeBSD.

I dont know where to begin troubleshooting this, but it is annoying to say
the least.

PS. I know that this is not a bandwidth issue, since it is 100%
duplicatible each and every time.... :(

Help?

--
J.D. Bronson
Aurora Health Care // Information Systems // Milwaukee, WI USA