Date:      Fri, 04 Oct 2002 21:58:02 -0400
From:      Jud <jud@myrealbox.com>
To:        SweeTLeaF <SweeTLeaF@myrealbox.com>, pbdlists@pinboard.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: grub boot loader or freebsd boot loader

10/4/2002 4:38:48 PM, pbdlists@pinboard.com wrote:

>Grub is very powerful. (I would like to see it as the default boot loader
>on FreeBSD.) But it is not so easy to configure, a bit a steep learning
>curve. However, if you dig in, you'll be greatly rewarded with
>flexibility. I suggest you give it a shot.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Kurt
>
>On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 04:58:25PM -0500, SweeTLeaF wrote:
>>
>> Primary Master: 40gig
>> Primary Slave: 20 gig
>>
>> I want to install XP on the first 20gig of the Master, Redhat 8.0 on
>> the remaining 20gig of the Master and FreeBSD on the entire 20gig
of
>> the Slave. What would be my best options for being able to boot all 3.
>> I heard grub had issues booting BSD so i just wanted to know my
best
>> approach before starting.

I actually think (just my own opinion) that Grub is very easy to configure
*if you read the documentation thoroughly*.  But the necessity to read
the documentation thoroughly before using Grub might disqualify it as
the default bootloader.  Something dead simple though not as full-
featured, like the FreeBSD bootloader at present, may serve better as
the default.

Jud