Date:      Sat, 25 Aug 2001 13:20:40 +0900
From:      shudo@computer.org
To:        java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: jdk1.3.1 awt exception, plugin, OpenJIT

> > The question I forgot to ask in prev. message was about OpenJIT...
> > is it supposed to work with jdk1.3.1? For some reason it says that OpenJIT
> > is not found ajd jdk1.1.8 when started in the same environment seems to
> > use it.
>
> There may be some problems using plugins.  Recent messages to the
> java-linux list indicated the Sun JDK didn't allow other plugins
> anymore.  The Blackdown JDK does though, so its certainly something
> that could be enabled.

http://www.mail-archive.com/java-linux@java.blackdown.org/msg14312.html

I have experienced the problem. Sun JDK 1.3.1 for Linux
does not load JIT compilers even JAVA_COMPILER set as
the name of JIT. Whereas Blackdown JDK 1.3.1 loads the JITs.

Of course, FreeBSD JDK 1.3.1 should be fixed to be able to load JITs.

If a JIT works with JDK 1.2.2, it can also work well
with JDK 1.3.1. There are a few compilation problems
related to include path, but it is easy to fix them.
I have already fixed a JIT to work with JDK 1.3.1.

  Kazuyuki Shudo