Date:      Sat, 12 Dec 1998 21:35:16 -0800
From:      marcus@redcentre.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ftp and Apache

Hi all,

I have a question about setting up ftp access for Apache virtual web
sites.  I imagine a document root structure something like this:

/usr/local/www/user1
/usr/local/www/user2

and so on.

I would like to provide user1 with ftp access to their directory, user2
to theirs (in a chroot environment) - how should the premissions
and ownerships be set up for the various directories? Should
/usr/local/www/user1 be writable by user1 or should there be a
user1/pub type directory which becomes the user1 document root
for Apache? (or is there a much better way of doing this?!).

 Thanks for your help,

Marcus

+61 3 9873 8656
+61 3 9720 7467 (fax)