Date:      Tue, 4 Jun 96 8:44:55 METDST
From:      stein@ife.no (Stein Morten Sandbech)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        stein@ife.no
Subject:   Xinside Motif and FreeBSD 2.1R/Xfree86

Hi

A while back there was a discussion about the different Motif implementations
for FreeBSD, and if I'm not mistaken Jordan Hubbard referred to Xinside's Motif
as the best choice for FreeBSD.

A couple of questions comes to mind:

1. I'm assuming that Xinside Motif (2.0) works with the XFree86 server, but
   has anybody tested it?

2. Would there be any gains in speed etc., using the X server from Xinside?
   My gut feeling is to stay with XFree and support free software, but .. :-)

3. Which version of XFree86 will be bundeled with FreeBSD 2.1.5 ?

I hope for some feedback on this as we are going to install Motif on several
( ~10 ) Pentiums with FreeBSD. FreeBSD is finally being accepted as just as
good as HP-UX and Solaris as a technical workstation here at the institute :-))

Best regards

/*  Stein M Sandbech                             Email: stein@ife.no          **
**  Senior Systems Engineer, EDP dept            Email: steinms@oslonett.no   **
**  Institute for Energy Technology              Tel: +47 63 80 60 00         **
**  Box 40, N-2007 Kjeller, NORWAY               Fax: +47 63 81 11 68         */