Date:      Wed, 2 Jul 2003 23:38:22 -0400
From:      "Kevin Reiter" <kevin@njcs-online.net>
To:        <freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Passive FTP ipfw issue

> The problem is that the dynamic rule 00510 will expire in 20 seconds
> (lifetime control net.inet.ip.fw.dyn_syn_lifetime=20). The connection
timer
> seems to indicate that itīs
> waitintg for a completed 3-way handshake and hasnīt seen the other SYN.
>
> Is there anything wrong with these rules?  What am I missing ?

What do you have in natd.conf?  I'm running 4.7-RELEASE myself and have a
Win32 FTP server on my inside net that is visible to the outside, and I have
1 line in /etc/natd.conf that redirects all requests to port 21 to my inside
server (no anon logins.)  I don't have anything in my firewall rules (should
I?) for FTP

use_sockets yes
same_ports yes
dynamic yes
#For FTP to Zeus:
redirect_port tcp 192.168.0.5:21 21

Mind you, I'm no rocket scientist or BSD expert, but I've been using this
since January, and it's been working for me OK sofar.

(...and yes, I know...OE is evil, but I was in the middle of playing
NeverwinterNights and needed a break =)

Hope this helps...

-Kevin Reiter