Date:      Thu, 10 Jan 2002 19:15:41 +0100
From:      "Dennis Pedersen" <mlists@daydreamer.dk>
To:        <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD and racoon (2offices + single computer = how?)

Hi!
I have been fooling a little around with Racoon between 2 FreeBSD 4,4 box's
with tunnel mode (http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2001/12/10/ipsec.html) and
this works fine. The idea was that theese 2 box's should be used to make a
encrypted tunnel this works fine but i also need some end computers
connected to office 1 too, i have some idea about how to set this up but the
documentation the kame projekt don't have that many examples so i need some
advices on some point.
I realice that i need some kind of setkey policy for the end users, but
after searching google.com for simular setups i get the impression that if
one racoon box has 2 sets of setkey policys then it gets kind of confused?!
Anyways i was thinking of something like for my end users:
spdadd A[3389] 0.0.0.0/0 tcp -P out ipsec ah/transport//require;
spdadd 0.0.0.0/0 A[3389] tcp -P in ipsec ah/transport//require;

Will this work if i simply add this to my setkey file along with the setkey
policy for the tunnel?

And finally what about if i need to run racoon on the same box as i have
ipfw with a deny any from any to any at the end, i understand that i need to
allow SPI and ESP (ipfw add allow SPI/ESP from any to any?)

Regards
Dennis