Date:      Sun, 22 Jun 2003 19:32:50 -0400
From:      John Von Essen <john@essenz.com>
To:        Konrad Scorciapino <fallenbr@uol.com.br>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Granting access on MySQL

Konrad,

What errors did you get? Your GRANT command seems unusual. You would do
something like:

GRANT ALL ON databasename.* TO username@localhost IDENTIFIED BY
"password"
or
GRANT ALL ON databasename.* TO username@machine.domain.com IDENTIFIED
BY "password"

The second is if you connect remotely.

Obviously, the user has to exist before you do the GRANT. Also, it is
not wise to do GRANT ALL on a database unless the user is going to be
at superuser level. You do the GRANT at the table level. Say the table
is account_info. You would do:

GRANT ALL ON databasename.account_info TO username@localhost IDENTIFIED
BY "password"

If you don't want to do ALL, you can be specific:

GRANT DELETE,INSERT,SELECT,UPDATE ON databasename.account_info TO
username@localhost IDENTIFIED BY "password"

If you still have trouble look at the tables in the mysql database, in
particular, the db and user tables.

-John