Date:      Sat, 20 Feb 1999 21:30:45 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        "Richard E. Hawkins" <hawk@eyry.econ.iastate.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Question

"Richard E. Hawkins" writes:
> David wrote,
> > prill writes:
> > > Why has BSD such a devil as Logo? Couln't it be changed into something
> > > else?
>
> > He's not a devil, he's a daemon. Devils live in hot places and do bad
> > things. Daemons live in comfortable places and do good things. Daemons
> > wear tennis shoes. Devils wish they could wear tennis shoes, but they
> > melt off. The inability of devils to wear tennis shoes is no small
> > contributing factor to their bad attitude. This bad attitude raises
> > their blood pressure and elevates body temperature. And that melts their
> > tennis shoes, and we're back to the beginning of the vicious circle.
> > :-)
>

> And they don't get to date penguins, either :)
>
> [duck]

There are several theories as to that. And as to the origin of our
little red daemon. Some would say the obvious, he's a cooled off devil.
But where does the heat go? Some would observe a cold penguin might
provide an appropriate sink for the heat. Penguins and devils are more
alike than one might think, neither can wear tennis shoes. Tennis shoes
crack and fall off due to the chill of a penguin. What becomes of a
warmed up penguin? A warm pengiun can not remain a penguin else melt
thru the ice and get his tennis shoes wet. Once penguins can wear tennis
shoes do they become daemons too? Or do warmed up penguins taste like
chicken? Truly, this is a major topic of debate for the top philosophers
of our day. :-)