Date:      Fri, 30 Jan 2004 16:52:12 -0000
From:      "Edmund Craske" <edmund@m00is.net>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Using bind9, instead of the default bind8

There's something wrong with the rc.conf stuff for named if you install the bind9 port over the base bind8 (by doing a make
-DPORT_REPLACES_BASE_BIND9 install clean in dns/bind9) because of differences in command line arguments. Of course, you could just
work it out and hash it together, or leave the base bind8 alone entirely and install bind9 as a separate port... It doesn't really
matter either way, just make sure you're executing the bind9 named instead of the bind8 one.