Date:      Sun, 10 Jul 2011 16:38:52 +0900
From:      Takeshi MUTOH <mutoh@openedu.org>
To:        linimon@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org, swhetzel@gmail.com
Subject:   Re: ports/158738: japanese/ical

I'm sorry about bothering you.

On 2011/07/09, at 14:18, linimon@FreeBSD.org wrote:
> Note, however, that with ports/158737 instead, the masterport would
> be able to to everything that this port does.

If apply ports/158737 only, I can't input Japanese with XIM, but can =
display japanese characters.

The deskutils/ical without ports/158738, I can't use Japanese functions.

With ports/158738 and without ports/158737, I can use Japanese functions =
with deskutils/ical.
So I think that TK 8.5 or higher can handle Japanese correctly.
In this case, we can remove japanese/ical and deskutils/ical for =
Japanese user.

Summary this result,
- Tk version 8.4 and before, we need Japanized version of tk. But tk80jp =
is BROKEN.
- Tk version 8.5 and higher, we don't need Japanized patches.

So, I think that the best way is apply ports/158738 and delete =
japanese/ical.
--
Takeshi MUTOH <mutoh@openedu.org>=