Date:      Thu, 19 Mar 2009 01:37:33 -0400
From:      Scott Spare <scuppers@gmail.com>
To:        Aragon Gouveia <aragon@phat.za.net>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X11 mouse driver and USB mouse disconnection

Aragon and Robert,
Fantastic.  Thank you.

The fix in my case:
Exactly as you guys mentioned, hald needed to be enabled.
This system was upgraded from an older version - my guess is I missed
enabling hald while running mergemaster during an upgrade.

The details:
I added
hald_enable="YES"
to /etc/rc.conf

and then tried running hald by issuing this command:
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/hald start

I got errors saying dbus wasn't properly configured either, so I did the
same for it.
Added
dbus_enable="YES"
to /etc/rc.conf