Date:      Sat, 28 Oct 2000 20:56:01 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Scott D. Yelich" <scott@scottyelich.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   /dev/dsp: Device busy.

Hey guys.. a couple of quick questions --

(1) If this isn't the appropriate list for this question --
please tell me the appropriate one.  For me, I get this
error on my laptop, so it is mobile.. for me.

(2) I am 4.1.1-STABLE or 4.1.1-RELEASE ... the system appears
to be confused as to which it really is -- anyway:

 /dev/dsp ... when opening for reading.. *always*
 gives "/dev/dsp: Device Busy." ... why is this?

(3) I tried www.freebsd.org/search
    but searching for "/dev/dsp and device and busy"
    gives me pages that don't have "busy" in them
    (or /dev/dsp, and sometimes not even "dvice")

    I tried searching dejanews, but I see only other
    people who have the same problem -- with no "fixes"
    given.

    I tried searching altavista ... but most of the pages
    that referenced /dev/dsp and device and busy and freebsd
    were unavailable.

Hey, thanks for the help!  :->

Scott
ps: flame away, guys!