Date:      Wed, 16 Nov 2005 10:46:04 +0100
From:      Simon Barner <barner@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@savvis.net>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [RFC] rc.d integration for the bluetooth subsystem

--9amGYk9869ThD9tj

> in -current /usr/sbin/hcsecd and /usr/sbin/sdpd should be started by=20
> separate scripts /etc/rc.d/hcsecd and /etc/rc.d/sdpd. all you need to do=
=20
> is to put
>=20
> hcsecd_enable=3D"YES"
> sdpd_enable=3D"YES"

Oh yes, I totally forgot about them. They also work as exspected on
RELENG_6.

>=20
> into your /etc/rc.conf and you should be done. please do not forget to=20
> kldload ng_btsocket(4) module (from loader.conf) or else these will not=
=20
> start.

I also needed to manually pre-load ng_btsocket.ko for the bluetooth rc
script, so it has already been in my loader.conf.

>=20
> there is no reason to start/stop hcsecd(8) and sdpd(8) when device is=20
> attached/detached. if you plan on using bluetooth you just may have run=
=20
> these all the time.
>=20
> both daemons listen on wildcard addresses, so they should not be=20
> affected attach/detach events.

Thanks, good to know.

>=20
> >Now looking for a convenient way to sync contacts...
>=20
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-bluetooth/2005-September/00042=
2.html
>=20
> there is a mobile_backup.sh script that you might find useful.

Great, it worked just fine :-)

--=20
Best regards / Viele Gr=FC=DFe,                             barner@FreeBSD.=
org