Date:      Fri, 20 Feb 2004 20:37:00 +1000
From:      anubis <anubis357@optusnet.com.au>
To:        Robert Storey <y2kbug@ms25.hinet.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Win200 gateway blocking FBSD html?

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 1:46 pm, Robert Storey wrote:
> I'm trying to set up a FreeBSD client machine for a school. They
> have never used FBSD or even Linux, they are 100% Windows. They are
> interested in letting their students gain experience with
> non-Windows software. So I need to prove to them that FBSD can
> work, but I've run into a major obstacle.
>snip

I have a similar setup.  We make each client authenticate to the ms
isa firewall so that we can stop bludgers checking their share
portfolio durting work.  This is probably a similar situation.
Try this.

With MS ISA server which is probably running on the win2k firewall box
there is an option called something like "authenticate outgoing
requests"  Untick this, It will ask to save settings and restart
services.  Say yes.  Wait 1 minute.  Try the bsd box again.
You should be able to get out via nat ot via proxy then.

To find the setting start clicking on I think the server object and
then properties.

If you cant find it let me know and I will make a step by step.

I have a second freebsd firewall box for all the bsd machines to
connect through and as a backup for when the windows machine breaks
down.  You may want to dig out an old relic and so the same.