Date:      Sun, 22 Mar 1998 12:17:26 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: heads up folks, please test new postgresql + pgaccess port

On Sun, 22 Mar 1998, Andreas Klemm wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I got it managed to create a running postgresql 6.3 port.
>
> Unfortunately I don't get pgaccess running.

I would like to beta that port, Andreas, I need it for a database class.
I finally got time to check the old linux announce newsgroups, and
caught the following, which seems like maybe a pgaccess replacement:
MPSQL v.1.5.3 - a SQL GUI client for PostgresSQL,
similar to Oracle's Server Manager motif worksheet
and Microsoft's Windows based SQL Server iSQL query
has been released:

THIS RELEASE IS A NEW DISTRIBUTION OF THE STATICALLY
LINKED LINUX BINARIES BASED ON THE NEWEST RELEASE
OF PostgresSQL (v.6.3)  THIS SHOULD FIX ANY CONNECTION
PROBLEMS ASSOCIATED WITH USING THE OLD BINARIES
(PostgresSQL libpq v6.2) TO CONNECT TO v.6.3 DATABASES.

A new source release (v1.5.3) is also available that contains a few
minor bug fixes.

MPSQL is not public domain software,
it is however freely redistributable.

http://www.troubador.com/~keidav/downloads.html

FEATURES:

* execute multiple SQL statements or one of many by highlighting
* work with multiple buffers
* open/save buffers from/to files
* cut/copy/paste between buffers
* spool query output to a file
* spool data in fixed length, comma, tab or space delimited format
* print buffers
* save application options to a startup file ($HOME/.mpsql)

REQUIREMENTS:

PostgresSQL 6.3 - libpq
Motif 2.0 / LessTif - a statically linked binary is available!
libc.so.5+
libdl.so.1.7+
libXxxx.so.6+
libXpm.so.4.3+