Date:      Thu, 6 Jun 2002 22:37:04 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Ryan Wold <wold@aem.umn.edu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   "No disks found!" Error Message

I am in the process of installing FreeBSD 4.5 and while running the
sysinstall program, I get the following error message:

"No disks found! Please verify that your disk controller is being
properly probed at boot time"

When I look at the boot time messages it appears that the disk and the
disk controller are being found, as I get the following messages:

"ata0: at 0x1f0 irq 14 on atapci0"
"ata1: at 0x170 irq 15 on atapci0"
"ad0: 28629 MB <WD ...> at ata1-master using PIO4"

These irqs are correct, so I don't know what the problem could be.
I am using a 30GB Western Digital Hardrive with standard IDE
controllers.  Thanks for any help.

Ryan