Date:      Sat, 22 Jan 2000 20:42:19 +0600 (NOVT)
From:      "Alexey N. Dokuchaev" <danfe@ssc.nsu.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   rc.i386 and vidcontol

Hi all!

I've noticed rather strange behavior of my fBSD box.  I have mousesystems
mouse on cuaa1, and in rc.i386, I can see:

# mouse daemon
if [ "X${moused_enable}" = X"YES" ] ; then
        echo -n ' moused'
        moused ${moused_flags} -p ${moused_port} -t ${moused_type}
        echo vidcontrol <${viddev} -m on >> /tmp/90
fi

So, mouse is only enabled on ttyv0 by default.  To enable it on on all
tty's, I added allscreens_flags "-m on 80x30".  Surprisingly, I now get
all ttyv's in neat 80x30 mode, with mouse on all except ttyv0.  If I omit
80x30 (thus, allscreens_flags="-m on") everything works fine (default
80x25 mode and mouse on _all_ ttys).

Is this some kinda bug?  It's easy to get everything working; but it not
the way it's suppose to be anyways, IMHO.

./danfe