Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2000 23:32:42 -0500 (EST)
From:      OCtane <zhaoc@escape.com>
To:        Scott Hess <scott@avantgo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Creating and burning ufs images on CD-Roms?

Thanks for your swift reply.  I've solved the problem, the fixate command
to burncd did the trick.  I should have thought a bit more about the
actual message the kernel printed when it paniced:

/kernel: acd1: READ_TOC - ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=24 ascq=00 error=04

I went back to the burncd man page and thought about it a bit, and
realized that the TOC probably didn't exist.  I tried first to mount the
image with a fragment size of 2048, but that still resulted in a panic.
Rerunning burncd, but appending 'fixate' apparently writes the TOC and
allows the cd to be mounted correctly.
Thank you once again for your time.