Date:      Sun, 11 Feb 1996 10:37:11 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Sun monitors

I just got hold of a Sun monitor.  It's a _huge_ thing, and I want to
swap out my present MAG-17F for it.  I have a couple of problems, and I'm
looking for assistance.  One thing is the cable that came with it.  One
end is a perfectly normal 15 pin VGA, the other end has been hacked, and
just ends in 5 wires.

The wires are red, green, blue, gray, and black.  I've been told that the
red, green, and blue are the RGB video, black is sync, and gray ground.
What I need it the kind of connector that the Sun monitor seems to want,
which is a very strange one: sort of a 25 pin D connector, with several
of the pins being replaced with larger coax connectors.  Like a
D-connector on steroids.  Does anyone know where I might get one of these
beasts, and maybe how to wire it?  I doubt I could even count pins right
on it (unless maybe it comes labeled).

Thanks for any help.

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |