Date:      Fri, 22 Jun 2001 09:49:10 +1000
From:      BSD Freak <bsd-freak@mbox.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Server Hardware

Hiya guys,

I need some opinions -

I am building two high performance web servers (single CPU in each
system) to run some PHP4 based web applications.

Cost is no consideration (ie the cost difference between AMD and Intel)

Should I go AMD 1.2Ghz or PIII 1Ghz ?

Should use a motherboard with a VIA chipset or i810 i815 i820 (I will
most likely be using a GigaByte motherboard)

Will I have any problems with any of the above?

I will of course be running FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE

Which Processor/Motherboard will give me best performance?

Thank all.....