Date:      Sat,  1 Aug 1998 16:18:07 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Malte Lance <malte.lance@gmx.net>
To:        wwoods@cybcon.com
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Tape Backup.....

William Woods writes:
 > Ok, what software is avaliable?

What did you use with linux ?
(as a hint: cpio, tar, dump/restore, amanda, ...)

Next time try "man -k tape":
bcd(6), ppt(6), morse(6) - reformat input as punch cards, paper tape or morse co
de
ft(8)                    - QIC 40/80 floppy tape drive controller
mt(1)                    - magnetic tape manipulating program
mtio(4)                  - FreeBSD magtape interface
rmt(8)                   - remote magtape protocol module
st(4)                    - SCSI tape driver
tar(1)                   - tape archiver; manipulate tar archive files
tcopy(1)                 - copy and/or verify mag tapes
wt(4)                    - Archive/Wangtek cartridge tape driver
smbtar(1)                - shell script for backing up SMB shares directly to UN
IX tape drive

or "man -k archi"
<Result left as excercise for the reader>

And first of all try "man man" and surf the tons of information
on http://www.freebsd.org/
That information was written on some purpose, ... guess what.

Malte.