Date:      Thu, 08 Feb 2001 22:44:37 -0800
From:      "JOHN MUELLER" <asjwm2@uaa.alaska.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   basics

    Dear freebsd,

   I couldn't partition my drives so I got "Partition Magic" ( a
software ) which is OK.My version of free bsd  has purple lettering on 4
cdroms and says June 1999.  Partition Magic does not list freebsd on the
types of operating systems it knows about.  What kind of partition
should I make for free bsd ?  What kind of  FAT ?  Does it need a "swap"
extension like Linux ?  I have a cautious streak that gets worse every
time I install another operating system ( I have 5 now ).  Thank you,
but one last question... I got this HP Colorado tape drive for back up.
Do you have any idea if: it looks for data already backed up and skips
it, just adding on new data ?  HP can't seem to figure that one out, and
the drive didn't come with a manual;  hmm, it did have a cd though.
  Anyway before I install need to know about the partition thing.  After
that I will read the man pages, etc. before I ask any more questions...
                Cheerio !!!                  asjwm2@uaa.alaska.edu
( computer science major )