Date:      Tue, 28 Nov 2000 15:30:09 +1100
From:      Anthony Williams <aaw@itga.com.au>
To:        STABLE <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Sound Woes

Howdy,

Am having a little bit of trouble getting my soundcard to work under
4.2-RELEASE...contents of /dev/sndstat is:

FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm) Nov 28 2000 13:57:52
Installed devices:
pcm0: <CS461x PCM Audio> at irq 10 (1p/1r channels duplex)

when I try and play mp3s I get the following error:

pcm0: play interrupt timeout, channel dead

I checked the archives and for some people rebooting works but no go for
me...suggestions ??

TIA
Anthony