Date:      Sat, 22 Jan 2000 09:45:06 -0500
From:      Ben WIlliams <williamsl@Home.Com>
To:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   not finding a Shared object, but why?

FreeBSD,                                               Saturday, January 22, 2000

   I am having a problem with a custom compilation of exim I'm trying to copy
over to a new machine complaining about not being able to find a shared
library (/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libmysqlclient.so.6.0" not
found) which I have verified IS installed in /usr/local/lib/mysql, but even
issuing an `ldconfig -v -m /usr/local/lib/mysql` /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1
isn't updated, though the hints file is.
   How do I get the file updated? Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH doen't help either.

TIA,
--
 Ben                                      mailto:williamsl@Home.Com