Date:      Fri, 29 Jul 2005 22:40:42 +0300
From:      Mikko Heiskanen <mikko@whitecortex.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   dualboot winxp & freebsd

Hi,

it seems it's so common knowledge to achieve this,
that there isn't any info anywhere about it.
So, I have a winxp hard disk at the end of a sata pci-card,
and freebsd harddisk straight in the motherboard ide connection.

So if both are connected, freebsd starts,
and if I take cabled off the freebsd harddisk, windows starts.
I cannot choose it from the bios that windows would make it first.

So that rules out the solution from handbook, where it's done vice
versa.

Secondly, I wouldn't want any gag or grub or any other "external"
programs;
I'm quite sure freebsd's own bootloader can do it without problems.

Question remains: how? I vaguely remember I had done it before.

Thank you for your time,
Mikko (using freebsd 5.4)

PS: I'm not subscribed at the moment, I would appreciate if you could
post a copy for me.