Date:      Mon, 16 Aug 1999 17:24:49 +0300
From:      Mikko =?iso-8859-1?Q?Gr=F6nroos?= <greenie@mpoli.FI>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   2x3com NICs

Help, I need somebody.. HELP, well ok, you get the picture.

So, I have two 3com NICs in the same computer. They are same
model (3c509) and so on. I have compiled a support for them
to the kernel and in visual kernel config (*start computer*
-> *hit space* -> boot -c -> visual) they both seem to work
OK (ep0 and ep1). But when I check that same stuff in
CLI - mode it says that both cards aren't enabled? WTF?
And when I go to visual mode it looks like that they are
enabled? What's the problem?

OK, I booted the computer (both NICs enabled (at least the
visual kernel configuration says so)) and when it's that
magical time to say "Hey hey, I here" - to ifconfig (in
the bootup) ep0 seems to work fine but then ifconfig
doesn't "find" ep1. Strange? or?

Oh, and I also tried to work it out with sysinstall, but
it doesn't probe ep1.

And I am sure as sugar that when I check those cards in
the boot's configuration in visual mode. It says that
both cards are enabled.

Help me out guys (and gals),

-Mikko Grönroos

--
    _ _ _ _
   | \ _ _ _ \  >> Bring me flowers, godseyes and boxes of air.
    \ |       |     - CJ & Fish, another fine Berkeley release.