Date:      Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:15:40 +0100
From:      h p <regnans@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   portinstall: fetch(1) doesn't fetch

Hi,
I don't understand the behaviour of fetch(1). Whenever I try to fetch
from an URL, I get anwers like
    > fetch http://www.google.com
    fetch: http://www.google.com: No address record

I have set up my network correctly though. If, in contrast, I use wget, I get
    > wget http://www.google.com
    --11:20:32--  http://www.google.com/
               => `index.html'
    Resolving www.google.com... done.
    Connecting to www.google.com[66.102.9.99]:80... connected.
    Length: unspecified [text/html]

        [  <=>                                  ] 2,298
10.69K/s

    11:20:39 (10.69 KB/s) - `index.html.1' saved [2298]

... as expected.
What have I done wrong? Where can I configure fetch to honor my
network setup? Or can I configure portinstall to use wget instead of
fetch?

TIA
Helge