Date:      Mon, 03 May 1999 14:35:11 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        spork <spork@super-g.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: new traffic record for wcarchive

>On Sun, 2 May 1999, David Greenman wrote:
>
>>    The fast ethernet was completely saturated for the 24 hour period. There
>> are plans to add additional network capacity, but no agreement has been
>> made on this yet.
>
>Just curious, when the net connection is saturated, do you come in
>out-of-band for maintenance?  Or is the lag acceptable?

   Same as everyone else. The lag isn't too bad right now. We're talking about
adding a private 100Mbps network between the web server and ftp server so that
admin things (daily backups, etc) can happen in a timely manner. We're also
talking about gigabit ethernet.

-DG

David Greenman
Co-founder/Principal Architect, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org