Date:      Sun, 29 Sep 2002 18:21:31 -0700
From:      Michael Collette <metrol@metrol.net>
Subject:   USB Manual Reset

Is there some way to manually reset the USB?

I've managed to find several folks asking this via searching around in Google,
but no answers anywhere to be found.  I've already asked this question over
on the mobile list, but nobody seems to know.

At to why someone would want to do this?  Well, I've got this here laptop that
seems to up and forget how to talk to the USB ports after coming out of sleep
mode.  If I perform a full reboot of the system, it picks up on the USB
device I have hooked up, and works perfectly.  That is, until the next visit
to sleep mode.

Simply restarting usbd doesn't do it.  No documentation that I've been able to
track down discusses this at all.  Any suggestions at all would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
--
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark
to read."