Date:      Wed, 27 Oct 2004 14:00:08 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.org>
To:        David Gilbert <dgilbert@dclg.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: amd64/73211: FAST_IPSEC broken on amd64

On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 07:00:51PM +0000, David Gilbert wrote:
>  Since we've stresstested this box with packets and compiling and other
>  chores, I strongly suspect the memory is not at fault.  The memory is
>  also registered ECC.

ECC memory can still go bad. :-)  FreeBSD doesn't have a MCE handler so
we don't know what's going on with the memory subsystem when something
bad happens.

Chances are you don't have a memory error, but I've seen poor seating of
DIMMs, etc.. cause problems before.  So it is worth testing your memory
when you're out of ideas.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)