Date:      Mon, 6 Dec 1999 09:35:54 +0300 (MSK)
From:      "Ilmar S. Habibulin" <ilmar@ints.ru>
To:        Robert Watson <robert+freebsd@cyrus.watson.org>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ACL-0.1.1.tgz: updated for -CURRENT, some bugfixes

On Sun, 5 Dec 1999, Robert Watson wrote:

> > Is -current posix target platform now?
[...]
> My guess is auditing won't be ready for 4.0, but hopefully will be for
> whatever the next major 4.x release is.  We might want to get MAC and
> Capabilities in around then, although if you're reached final conclusions
> on changes to the vnops and syscalls for capabilities we could try and get
> them in now.
What conclusion should i reach? I just need some space about 17 or let it
be 24 bytes. I have all needed syscalls for CAP and MAC.
I have freezed the development right now waiting for ACLs inclusion
somewhere in the freebsd main source tree. All this posix stuff is very
combined(?). MAC is nothing without AUDIT and so on.
I would like to include all developed posix stuff in some development
brunch, maybe -verrry-current ;-), and continue centralized
development. The question is would freebsd project support posix 1e?
Do the freebsd team need these extended security features in their OS?