Date:      08 Mar 98 07:40:27 -0800
From:      "Cameron O'Rourke" <COROURKE@us.oracle.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Fwd: FreeBSD PCMCIA Linksys ECT Install

--=_ORCL_18590869_0_0
Content-Transfer-Encoding:7bit

>> Greetings, I'm trying to do a fairly straightforward FTP install of
FreeBSD on a Dell laptop using the PAO boot flop and a Linksys ECT card.
Using IRQ 5 and 11 it says the card is not supported.  Everything I've read
says that this card should be OK.

A bit more information:

I didn't find anything on the survey list.  It would not see the card at all
with the default IRQs.  When I tried IRQ 5/11, it explicitly says that the
card is not supported.  The lights on the dongle come on and show network
activity.  I've tried both PC card slots.  The machine is a Dell Latitude XP
4100, SmartCPU mode is off.  The card checks out with the included DOS
diagnostics.  I haven't done anything in terms of "turning off" the
plug-and-play features of either the card or machine.

Thanks,
Cameron

----
Cameron O'Rourke
Technical Team Leader, Oracle Corporation
http://home.earthlink.net/~corourke/corourke.html

--=_ORCL_18590869_0_0

Greetings, I'm trying to do a fairly straightforward FTP install of FreeBSD
on a Dell laptop using the PAO boot flop and a Linksys ECT card.  Using IRQ
5 and 11 it says the card is not supported.  Everything I've read says that
this card should be OK.  Any ideas or did you do something different?

Thanks,
Cameron

----