Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 2000 05:39:29 -0700
From:      Drew Tomlinson <drewt@writeme.com>
To:        'Giorgos Keramidas' <charon@urania.westgate.gr>, drewt@writeme.com, kstewart@urx.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: KDE 2

Thank you for your prompt reply.  As you can probably tell, I'm brand new to
both Unix and FreeBSD.

When you say "ports deinstall target" are you referring to the pkg_delete
command?  Also, KDE and XF86 3.x were installed from ports but for XF86 4.x,
I followed the directions on the XF86 web site and installed the binaries
for FBSD using their install script.  pkg_info -aI lists the following
regarding XF86 4:

XFree86-libraries-4.0.1 X11R6.4/XFree86-4.0 include/(shared) library kit

So I didn't compile this myself but I didn't install it via the ports
collection. However, it is listed.  Do you think this means that the
pkg_delete command will work?

Thanks again,

Drew