Date:      Sat, 20 Feb 1999 20:00:58 -0800
From:      "Randy A. Katz" <randyk@ccsales.com>
To:        cjclark@home.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NFS Trouble

Hi,

Please be nice!

>I wonder if this is actually an NFS problem. Can the two machines
>connect in other ways over the network? Can A ping B? Can B ping A?

Yes, all other services are working fine.

>Try mount_nfs with the -R option so it gives up after a few
>tries. What error messages are produced? Have non-NFS changes been

No Error messages, no changes. Sorry this sounds vague...

>made to the machines? To the network?
>
>There is not a lot to go on from what you gave us. "My car used to
>run. Now I turn the key and it does not work. What happened? I have
>not opened the hood lately or anything!"

No, I asked what could cause the connecting machine to lock up all
resources (not even a console login works, just locked) from trying to do a
mount. That is really what I want to know here.

Thank you,
Randy Katz