Date:      Tue, 14 Jan 1997 16:04:13 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Mark William Acosta <mwa@hawaii.edu>
Cc:        www@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Aloha!

> Greetings from Hawai'i! I am the Sys Admin/Webmaster of Alaka'i Software
> and it would have been impossible to be where we are (not that far!) with
> out FreeBSD. We don't have any capitol to contribute(yet, at least) but we
> could give you some software if you want. It is a cgi-script that is VERY
> dynamic and could be used to maintain your webpages. We could even set up

Are you talking about the "abase" software I see demo'd there?

It looks quite interesting, and I'd be very interested in knowing how
it could be applied more or less immediately in the following 3 areas:

	1. Commercial vendor entries.
	2. New release information.
	3. Post-a-project page

(#3 is something we don't do yet, but NetBSD has something along those
lines set up at http://www.netbsd.org/Projects/ which I've been
admiring for awhile now).  Maintaining our highly dynamic information
has always been something of a pain, and if there was a mechanism
which allowed authenticated users to simply use their browsers to do
all the page maintenance, that might be very interesting.  Of course,
we keep all of our web pages under CVS control for easy mirroring
(already having the mechanisms set up for replicating the CVS tree) so
we'd need to make sure that changes to your database were reflected in
our respository, but I imagine that wouldn't be too hard?

Tell us more! :-)

					Jordan