Date:      Fri, 2 Oct 2015 12:28:53 -0700
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.com>
To:        Dirk Engling <erdgeist@erdgeist.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org" <freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: first shot at user friendly bluetooth-config script

> > there is /usr.bin/bluetooth and /usr.sbin/bluetooth, so somewhere under
> > one of those would be a good place, imo.
>
> Added in phabricator under usr.bin/bluetooth for now.
>
> https://reviews.freebsd.org/D3778

thanks. i will take a look.

> > right. so, if pc-bsd is your goal, and, you can rely on graphical
> > interface, then i would suggest to basically
>
> No, PC-BSD is not my goal. Actually I am not using it. But watching my
> friend struggle gave me the idea. There's many other use cases where you
> wouldn't even assume a GUI in the first place, like pairing a mobile
> phone for dialup.

why not? seems like a perfect case for UI, imo. unless i'm missing
something here.

> > 2) teach hcsecd to run external process to obtain a pin (with timeout)
>
> It already knows this, it's in its config file. The missing part is to
> provide feedback if the PIN or the nopin option was rejected by hcsecd.

well, the whole point is not have user to configure it at all, right?
who wants to know bd_addr etc. of their bluetooth devices. what (most)
users want to see (imo) is that stuff "just works". click on pretty
picture of a mouse, enter pin, done.

> That could be done with an entry in hcsecd.keys, maybe with a time stamp
> of the last negative command, so that you can compare it to the
> hcsecd.conf's time stamp.

not sure i understand this.

thanks
max