Date:      Wed, 30 Sep 1998 11:43:14 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        James Love <love@cptech.org>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Device Drivers for Linux and Intel's annoucement

> It would seem to me that there is a very symbiotic relationship between
> Linux/FreeBSD/NetBSD etc...  won't the success of one help the other
> platform... since they are so simliar?

They do help one another, though not perhaps from their similarity so
much as the fact that the lines of demarcation simply aren't drawn
among the free software advocates.  As far as major market share is
concerned, the lines are drawn between the free software advocates and
the rest of the commercial world right now, and every convert Linux
wins away from NT is one more convert on the closer side of the line.
>From that point on, getting them to look at our stuff becomes about
100X easier than it was before, believe me.  If nothing else, they're
now reading slashdot instead of NT Focus and we get mentioned in
slashdot all the time. :-)

- Jordan