Date:      Wed, 5 Jun 2002 19:38:59 -0700
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
To:        freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   A silly thought

Gang,

I hacked my way through a complete upgrade from XFree86-4.1 + Gnome1
to a shiny and buggy XFree86-4.2 + Gnome2. This is of course on -current,
because there's no real excitement when upgrading on -stable :-)

First of all: excellent work all and especially marcus! There are no
breakages I could see that weren't related to -current. I had to do
a lot more hacking to get Gnome1 working. Chapeau!

Now for the silly thought: Nautilus has default bookmarks that are very
annoyingly Linux centric. I hate that. I think we should come up with a
set of bookmarks that are FreeBSD related, don't you think?

Take a look in:
/usr/ports/x11-fm/nautilus2/work/nautilus-1.1.17/data/static_bookmarks.xml

I think we can all come up with a replacements, right?

Marcus: what about making this a silly contest where the winner gets
front page coverage with a news bullet?