Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 2014 18:13:08 +0700
From:      Olivier Nicole <olivier.nicole@cs.ait.ac.th>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Cannot authenticate after upgrade 9.1 to 9.2

Hi,

I just completed an upgrade from 9.1 to 9.2, using the traditional way
(fetch sources, make buildworld, make kernel, mergmaster -p, make
installworld, mergemaster, make delete-old)

After I rebooted, I could not authenticate anymore: I get the error:

login: in try_dlopen(): /usr/lib/pam_skey.so: Shared object
"libskey.so.2" not found
login: in openpam_load_module(): no pam_skey.so found

The account on that server do not use PAM, they are plain old
/etc/passwd account, that have been working that way for ages (the
machine has been updated since version 4 or 5 I guess).

Before I try updating the rest of my servers, I'd like to solve that
problem. Any help is much welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Olivier