Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2001 18:16:59 +0800
From:      Greg Laslett <g_laslett@motherwell.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Linking Oracle Pro*C under FreeBSD 4.3

I have an Oracle 8.1.6 Client tree copied over from a Linux Installation.

The Oracle tools and any Pro*C executables built with linux run fine.

We would however like to be able to develop Pro*C under FreeBSD.

I run into a number of ld errors when attempting to make.

1. Has anyone out there cracked the Pro*C or OCI nut ?

2. I assume the 2.1.2 file name extensions in /usr/compat/linux/lib
     mean that FreeBSD 'supports' a 2.1.2 Linux kernel ?  If this is
     so, then is there support for say 2.2.x available.  The theory being
     that maybe these libraries are older that what Oracle needs to
     link properly ?

Regards,

Greg Laslett.