Date:      Mon, 2 Aug 1999 12:25:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:      David Coder <dacoder@dcoder.com>
To:        Sanjay Nayak <sanjay@packetstream.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: multiple ethernet cards

On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, Sanjay Nayak wrote:

> Hello,
>
>  I am trying to set up multiple ethernet cards in freebsd box. I have
> gone through the
> most of the mailing list and FAQ. I could not get much help. could
> somebody help me out.
>
> My first cards is probed by the kernel. What is the procedure of
> enbaling the second card?
>
> regards
> sanjay

FreeBSD is good at this.  You have only to have devices for both cards
compiled into the kernel.  If say both are intel 10/100 cards you need
both fxp0 & fxp1.  If one is an intel & the other a 3com 509 you would
need fxp0 & vxp0.  And so on, ceteris peribus.

The kernel will then recognize both cards & you need only have both
interfaces configured.  Just copy what you have now in rc.conf, with
changes as necessary.

dc
David Coder
SysAdmin