Date:      Wed, 19 Aug 1998 21:17:09 +0300
From:      "Jukka Similä" <lmkjuksi@info1.info.tampere.fi>
To:        Joe <jeroyce@athena.ualr.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD Newbies List <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: checking amount of disk space left?

Joe wrote:

> And if you run out of disk space, a "rm -r *" will give you all the space you
> need...and if you really feel stupid, log in as root and cd to / first....

And if you think you have nothing to do (or ^ that advice above isn't
enough) you can cd to / and chmod -r 777

- I did it once, it was a great fun afterwards.

- These advices are actually very useful if you are unemployed.

- Don't say nobody warned you, everybody knows that.

- Have you noticed, you can get some really good advices between about
71115965327 useless like "don't login as root if you don't need to" ..
these "hit the road, jack"- advices are really something!

---

Jukka Similä