Date:      Mon, 23 Jul 2001 19:11:05 +0900
From:      Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp>
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Ports Team <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/Mk bsd.sites.mk

At Mon, 23 Jul 2001 02:17:42 -0700 (PDT),
Maxim Sobolev wrote:
>   Modified files:
>     Mk                   bsd.sites.mk
>   Log:
>   - Remove Eazel's mirror of MASTER_SITE_GNOME - the company died quite some
>     time ago. RIP
>   - move http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net to the top of
>     MASTER_SITE_SOURCEFORGE - according to numerous perorts it much faster than
>     ftp3.sourceforge.net, which currently heads the list.

How about removing *.sourceforge.net from non-sourceforge
${MASTER_SITE_*} ?

${MASTER_SITE_{GNOME,GNU,KDE,MOZILLA,NETBSD,PERL_CPAN,SUNSITE} has
many mirror sites other than *.sourceforge.net.  In other hand,
*.sourceforge.net has many distfiles but full mirror of them are not
many.  Current listing may cause load of *.sourceforge.net to high.

So I think we should reserve *.sourceforge.net for precious distfiles.

--
Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp> // IMG SRC, Inc.
             <kuriyama@FreeBSD.org> // FreeBSD Project