Date:      Fri, 9 Feb 2001 02:03:04 -0600
From:      "Justin W. Pauler" <jwpauler@jwpages.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   jail

I have been considering setting up a jail'd environment on a shell server
that I admin. I want to secure off the users, but I have several questions
that I am not sure about and would appreciate some help!

1. is there ANY way to be able to see the jail process running from the
'host' machine? I would like to see the process actually running so that I
may interface with a few of my reporting programs, as well as just to make
sure that it is running.

2. can i get a jail'd environment to start out at a 0 process? when i start
the jail, it starts out with the last pid called and works up. why cant we
have the machine show a 0 process, so that it actually acts as a virtual
server.

3. how can i bind more than one interface to a jail. with this mahcine being
a shell server, i will have vhosts. is there anyway to have more than one ip
in a jail. i have tried running ifconfig from withhin the jail, only to see
permission denied errors.

I think this is all for now. I would appreciate any help...

Justin W. Pauler