Date:      Sat, 22 Jan 2000 09:48:38 -0500
From:      Walter Brameld <brameld@twave.net>
To:        Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@neomedia.it>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org
Subject:   Re: metaports ...

Salvo Bartolotta wrote:

> [...]

Dear Mr. Bartolotta,

I commend you on giving a very comprehensive explanation of
the word "meta". However, Jonathon's original question was
"What is a meta-PORT?" and I also lacked this bit of
knowledge, so I was interested in the reply. The other
respondent provided the information that a meta-port is one
that will install other ports that are required for it to
function. Using rules of theory, or perhaps even Occam's
razor I felt that was the more definitive explanation. If
failing to glean this information from your response was due
to a lack of intelligence on my part, please do not take
umbrage. I do have many short-comings.

Yours sincerely,
Walter Brameld

in·tel·lec·tu·al (ntl-kch-l)
n.	Someone who has been educated past his/her level of
intelligence.